May 2nd Worship Service
- Manteno United Methodist Church Worship Service
Sunday, May 2, 2021 10 A.M.
- Opening Prayer
- Worship Song: “Love the Lord” Children’s Time/Teacher Recognition
- Scripture Lesson: Matthew 5: 1-12 , pg. 683
- Our Concerns and Joys
- A Time of Silent Prayer/The Pastoral Prayer/ The Lord’s Prayer
- Worship Song: “Greater”
- The Offering The Doxology No. 95
- The Offertory Prayer
- Special Music: “It Is Well with my Soul”
- Miles & Susan Turner
- Scripture Lesson: I Timothy 4:8-16, pg; 843
- Sermon: “Train Yourself for a Holy Life”
- The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper
- Confession and Pardon pg. 8
- Closing Hymn “Tell Me the Stories of Jesus” #277,vs. 1,2
- “Jesus’ Hands Were Kind Hands” #273, vs. 1,2
- The Benediction
- ‘Please dismiss to the Garden of the Cross to dedicate the new pavers.
- Pastor Joy Schlesselman
- Organist Sandra Lutz
- Praise Band:
- Liturgist Sue Croning
Following worship today we will be going to the Garden of the Cross to dedicate the pavers.
Monday, May 3: Bible Study, 7 p.m. in person.
Tuesday, May 4: Gift Cards – place your order for gift cards with Jenny Stawick at 815-468-0057. United Methodist Women will meet at 7 p.m., all ladies are invited.
Wednesday, May 5: Blood Drive 2-6 p.m. call 1-800-733-2767 for an appointment.
Book Study at 4:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Men’s Bible Study 6:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Worship Team to meet at 6:30 p.m.
Vermilion River District United Methodist Men are having a fundraiser at Monical’s Pizza on Tuesday May 4th There are flyers on the table in the narthex you can present at the time you place your order and 20% of your bill will go to UMM.
Donation link for recurring donations:
Welcome! We are so glad that you are here! If you are new today, please register on our web site and we will make a $5. donation to a charity of your choice. The Church office is open Tues. & Thurs. mornings, 815-468-3722. You may contact Rev. Joy Schlesselman at 309-256-1316 or Email: jschlesselman I firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also find us on facebook
Start children off on the way they should go, And even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6